Our human body is made up of 60 percent of water, so without water our body cannot perform properly. Water is needed for leading a better and healthier life and also for the proper functioning of every cell in the body. Staying dehydrated (without having water) for a long period of time can affect the performance of our body and can make use inactive. Drinking enough water is not only important for the functioning of our body but also for a good glowing skin and for healthy hair.
Facts about drinking water
- Drinking water helps in speedy weight loss.
- Our blood is also made up of 90 percent water.
- Water plays a key role in the functioning of the kidney.
- Less water intake can lead to skin disorders.
How much water to drink?
You must have heard of the saying “drink 8 glasses of water daily”, yes so this is something that is true, easy and can be done. We all must atleast have 8 glasses of water daily, as we tend to lose water daily from our body while perspiration and urination. The water intake can vary according to every person, depending on a number of factors like; how active one is and how much do they sweat.
Benefits of drinking water
- Fluid balance- Drinking water helps in maintaining a proper fluid balance which is needed for the proper functioning of the body.
- Controls weight- Those who want to lose that extra flab and some extra kilos should stay hydrated and drink lots of water. Water is known to curb hunger which is perfect for those who are trying to lose weight.
- Prevents cancer- Staying hydrated helps in preventing the risk of cancer.
- Fuel for the muscles- After working out in the gym body loses out water in the form of sweat, so in order to keep the muscles hydrated it is necessary to have water.
- Clearer skin- Staying hydrated helps in removing the toxins from the skin, which also helps in removing acne and pores. So for a wrinkle free and acne prone skin it is necessary to have water.
- Anti-aging- Staying hydrated acts as an anti-aging agent, so instead of using creams for anti-aging, have enough water.
- Performance booster- Proper hydration boosts the performance of a person and helps in staying active. Dehydration can cause fatigue and dizziness so drinking water is important.
- Reduces joint pain- Having enough water helps in reducing joint pain, so those who have painful joints should definitely have water.
- Prevents headaches- Dehydration causes headaches so drinking water helps in preventing regular headaches.
- Less cranky- Drinking water helps in uplifting the mood, so whenever you feel cranky make sure to drink a glass of water.
This colourless liquid that is found in our planet is essential in quite a number of ways. One should definitely carry a bottle of water everywhere they go, to stay hydrated and active all the time.